This chili is delicious on its own but of course we had to turn it into a chili, minus the cheese, dog.
1 Package Applegate Organics Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
2 Small Sweet Potatoes ( Each sweet potato counts as a “bun” so if you have 4 people for dinner make 4 sweet potatoes)
2 Lbs Grass Fed ground beef
1 Red Bell Pepper deseeded and diced
1 Red Bell pepper deseeded and diced
1 Large yellow onion diced
4 Cloves Garlic minced
1 Jalapeno deseeded and Diced
1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbs Tomato Paste
1 16 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
3 Tbs Chili Powder
1 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Dried Oregano
2 Tbs Avocado Oil
1/2 Chicken or bone broth ( can sub out veggie broth)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro for garnish
1. Set oven to 350 °F and place sweet potatoes on a oiled baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat add in your diced bell peppers, jalapeno, garlic, and Onion. Cook until tender.
3. Add in your tomato paste and ground beef and cook until browned.
4. Turn your heat to low and add in the Fire roasted tomatoes, Chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and add in extra spices if you like. ( Add 1 tsp cayenne if you want it spicy)
5. In a medium pan on medium heat add in 1 tbs of avocado oil and cook hot dogs for 3 minutes.
6. By this time your sweet potatoes should be done. Build your chili dog by slicing your sweet potato long ways, add in your hot dog and top with the chili. Garnish with cilantro and whatever else you like.