2 Acorn squash cut in half and deseeded
1 Cup Rainbow Quinoa
1/2 medium onion Diced
16 oz Mushrooms Diced
1/4 Tsp Parsley
1/4 Tsp Celery Seed
1 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Tomato Sauce ( 16 oz can of diced tomatoes in sauce)
2 Bell Peppers deseeded and diced
1. Preheat oven to 350. Slice acorn squashes in half and scoop out the seeds. Place them skin side up on your oiled baking dish.
2. Cook squash for 35 – 40 minutes.
3. In a medium pot boil 2 cups of water. Once boiling add in your rinsed quinoa and turn the heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes. Then turn off heat and allow for quinoa to absorb the rest of the water,
4. In a medium oiled pan over medium heat add in your diced bell peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes, then add in your mushrooms, tomato sauce, celery seeds, parsley, and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
5. When the Acorn Squash are done remove from oven and place on a plate. Scoop in quinoa and top it with your mushroom and red bell pepper sauce.