2 Lbs Pork shoulder ( bone in or boneless)
1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 Cup Pineapple chunks / Cut pieces)
1 Tbs Coconut oil / Avocado Oil/ Ghee
1 Tbs Basil
1/2 Tbs Black Pepper
1/2 Tbs Salt ( Add more if desired)
1 Small Jalapeno
( You can buy a can of pineapple chunks but I prefer a fresh pineapple, the can will give you the juice and using a fresh pineapple you will need a juicer)
I used a Bone in pork shoulder because I really like how tender the meat is when it’s closer to the bone. The Original recipe is on nomnompaleo.com
- If you have the boneless roast chop it up into cubes. If you have the bone in don’t worry about precutting it. Season your roast with the Cumin, Basil, Black pepper, and Salt.
- Set your Instant Pot to Sautee and add in coconut oil and sear your roast or cubed pieces.
- Turn the Sautee setting off and add in 1 Cup of your Pineapple Jalapeno bbq sauce.
- Set your Instant Pot to Pressure cook for 30 minutes for Chunks and 35 for bone in. Make sure to close the pressure valve.
- After the allocated time release the pressure valve and remove the lid. Add in the pineapple chunks and bbq Sauce and serve.
If you like you can make some white or brown rice to serve with this. Even some baked sweet potatoes would be super tasty to serve with this dish!
Because I’m still learning how to use an instant pot
The original recipe is on nomnompaleo.com <3