Ever heard of a peach pie ice cream?
Neither have I!!
This was a random idea I had because with summer approaching I didn’t want to turn the oven on but was craving a peach pie. So this happened, I present to you a Dutch Vegan Peach Pie Ice Cream!
Tip: If you want to make this sugar free check out Lakanto’s Monk fruit Maple Syrup. This stuff is liquid gold in my house because of the flavor. Perfect for morning waffles too.
2(13- to 15-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup Maple syrup
1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch
1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
7 Peaches cubed
1 Tbs Maple syrup
3/4 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbs Maple
3 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 Tbs Coconut Sugar or sub out more maple
1/4 Tsp Vanilla
Place your Ice cream maker bowl in the freezer to freeze.
Premake the peach filling and the dough bites
- Peel and dice peaches into small pieces.
- In a small saucepan add in 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 Tbs Maple Syrup, and peaches and cook for no more than 3 minutes on simmer. You want the peaches firm and not mushy..
- Place in a dish and put in the fridge to cool overnight.
Dutch Dough Bites:
- In a medium bowl mix together all the dough bite ingredients and roll into small balls, a little bigger than a pea size. and place them in the freezer.
Ice Cream base:
- Place all ingredients except for the vanilla extract in the saucepan and let simmer. Do not boil. Stir often.
- Let simmer for about 6 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and place in a dish and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place the container in the fridge overnight to cool.
Putting it all together!
- The next day set up your ice cream maker and place ice cream mixture inside.
- Let churn for 15 minutes and add in your peaches and dutch dough bites.
- Continue to churn until desired consistency. Then place in a Glass dish in the freezer for up to 4 hours and stir a final time and let sit for an additional 4.
- If you like a soft serve consistency there is no need to stir a second time. Sometimes the bits will sink to the bottom so stirring helps it to have more peaces and dough throughout.
Never have I ever seen something quite like this ice cream! It turned out to be everything I hoped for. From the coconut milk is a bit icy but considering the ingredients its well worth the different consistency.