These have become my new favorite as well as my sons. He loves them because they remind him of chicken nuggets [ minus the chicken flavor of course]. They have a great texture to them coming right out of the pan that I have to remind myself to let them cool off a bit. They even taste good cold and is a great option for lunch the next day. You can play around with whatever spices you like, make it Italian by doing basil, oregano and garlic or make them extra spicy and add more cayenne. Whatever your taste buds are this easy and delicious recipe is worth the try.
Wet Ingredient bowl:
1 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
1 Cup Water [ Add enough to make a watery paste]
Dry Ingredient Bowl:
2 Cup Almond Flour
1 Tbs Onion Powder
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Cayenne
1 Tbs Salt
1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
1. Rinse and cut the mushrooms into bite sized pieces.
2. Place your pan over medium heat and add in Avocado Oil.
3. Dip your mushrooms first into the wet ingredient bowl and then the dry and be careful and place them in the hot pan.
4. Allow to cook for 3 minutes on each side and add more oil to pan if needed.
5. Set on a plate to cook and serve warm.
Tip: The mixtures can be sticky. I like to prep all the mushrooms first and then fry them all in the pan. You might have to do two rounds in the pan so just make sure the pan has enough oil.