I’ve been cutting back on sugar to see if I notice a difference with my skin and energy and I must say I am liking it.
This Nut Granola originally was supposed to be a Nut Bar recipe but the Almond butter didn’t set the bars the way I wanted it too, which is fine! Now I have a delicious nut granola that would be good as a cereal or a trail mix. WIN! Did I mention it has NO SUGAR. Yup! Even the cacao nibs have 0 sugar ! This guilt free recipe is full of omega 3 fats, Plant Sterols, Fiber, and the cacao nibs help fight free radical damage and aid in lowering bad cholesterol.
2 Cups Organic Raw Cashews
2 Cup Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds
1 Cup Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds
2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Chips
2 Cups Organic Cashew or Almond Butter ( Only ingredient should be the nut they put in)
1 Tsp Salt
3 Tbs Cacao Nibs ( add more if you want more)
1 Cup Filtered Water
1. Pre-Soaking the nuts- Place the Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, and Pumpkin Seeds into a large bowl and add the Water. Stir the Nuts and let sit for 15 minutes. The water will absorb into the nuts and this process actually makes it easier on your digestive system.
2. Set oven to 350 and roast the nuts on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl dd in the Cacao Nibs, Almond Butter, Salt, and coconut chips and stir.
4. Lay all ingredients in a parchment paper-lined Baking sheet or another large container. I used a large Pyrex container and it all fit. Place into the fridge for an hour to set up.
5. Remove from fridge and with a spatula fold the outsides in/ gentle mix it. Some of the nuts and seeds should stick to each other and that is what you want. Yummy clusters of delicious goodness.
This recipe makes enough to last you about a week. Great to take along with to the beach or any road trip you’re off to this summer!!