No one wants a boring salad. Too many times I see people trying to lose weight and the first thing they start eating is the typical prepackaged BORING salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and not so healthy dressing. I am here to tell you eating healthy is fun and delicious!! Once you make this salad there is no turning back to the boring two ingredient, prepackaged frankenstein food. Also this recipe is a busy lifestyle must have, and you can make it last up to three days if you portion it out.
- 1 Full Head of Organic Romaine Lettuce
- Half of Organic Red Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Broccoli
- Organic, Free range, Chicken Breasts
- Organic, Casein free, Gluten Free Applegate Organics Bacon
- Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
* The ingredients listed above are what I used in this recipe. You are more than welcome to be creative and add other veggies or omit the meat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place bacon on a baking sheet and cook in oven until crispy. about 10 minutes. Set aside and let it cool then chop up and add on top of the salad.
- Season chicken breast with any seasonings you like, we used salt and pepper. Cook in pan on medium heat for 10 minutes/ until fully cooked/ core temperature reaches 165°F.
- Chop up Lettuce, Cabbage, Broccoli, and any other ingredients to add. Some examples would be; Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Spinach, Avocado, Bell Peppers, Peas.
Layer ingredients to make them look pretty. Just kidding you can make a blend of everything if you want to be abstract. Creativity is encouraged here.
My favorite part…..
Top it all off with your Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing and you’ll have an amazing dairy free and organic salad.
Did I mention the dressing is dairy free? It is make with Avocado oil and a bunch of other really good for you ingredients.
I never liked ranch until I tried this. So thumbs up!