Cheesecake lovers welcome
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Being on this optimal living diet has been the best way to eat and gives me more energy than I have ever had. This cheesecake requires some prep, you’ll have to soak the cashews the night before so when you blend them the next day they make the right consistency.
Ingredients for crust
1/2 cup Medjool Dates
1/2 cup Macadamia, Almonds, or Walnuts.
Dash of Himalayan Salt
1/4 Tsp Stevia or Honey
3 tbs Coconut Oil
Filling Ingredients :
1 1/2 Cup Raw Unroasted and Unsalted Cashews Rinse off and place in a bowl and fill with water until the cashews are submerged. Cover them and leave them overnight.
6 Tbs Coconut Oil
Juice of 1 Iemon
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
2 cups fresh Organic Strawberries
- Using a blender or food processor combine all the crust ingredients and pulse until you get a crumbly mixture. Do not over blend.
- You have a lot of options based on what you have. you can make these in a cupcake pan, Spring form pan ( what I use), basic pie tin.
- Press the crust you made into whatever mold you would like to use, make sure it is compacted and spread evenly.
For the filling Crust Preparation :
- As mentioned before you will need to soak the cashews in water the night before. Once you have done this blend the cashews with the water, vanilla, lemon and coconut oil until you get a creamy consistency.
- When the consistency is creamy, scoop out 2/3 of the mixture and add over your crust in an even layer. Place in freezer and allow to harden.
- With the 1/3 mixture left add some strawberries and blend. This is the second layer and will give the cheesecake its strawberry taste. Once this layer is added place back into freezer for up to 4 hours.
- An hour before eating, move your cheesecake from the freezer to the fridge, but serve 10 minutes after and make sure not to leave it out to long because it will start to melt.
- If you are using cupcake molds use a knife to help get it out of the mold.